This is something I’ve loved for a very long time but been too lazy to actually try to make until… well, now. But honestly – it’s so embarrassingly simple, I almost feel bad posting a recipe. Anyway, here goes.
2 8-oz packages of cream cheese or neufchatel (which is low-fat cream cheese)
1 rotisserie chicken, cooked (what? I’m lazy.)
1 16-ish oz jar chunky bleu cheese dressing
1 pint container bleu cheese crumbles
12 oz (1 good sized bottle) AT LEAST your favorite buffalo sauce (I actually used a mix of Frank’s Red Hot and Texas Pete’s)
shredded pepper jack cheese (or “Mexican blend” or, y’know, whatever you like.) a couple handfuls
– Shred all your chicken (get every last meaty bit) into itty bitty pieces in a large bowl. Discard the skin and bones, but seriously, get all the meat you can off of the bird. This is incredibly messy, but deliciously so.
– In a saucepan, melt your cream cheese on low/medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once it’s decently runny, stir in the bleu cheese dressing and crumbles. Stir it all together into one great gooey mass.
– Pour your hot cheesy goo over your chicken. Add your hot sauce. Stir it all together. Taste. Add more hot sauce if necessary (for me, it’s necessary). If for some reason it’s too spicy, you can add some sour cream or mayo to mellow it out.
– Sprinkle shredded cheese over top
– Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 20 ish minutes or until it’s all bubbly.
*Optional: garnish with sliced scallions or chives
Serve with tortilla chips and/or celery and/or carrot sticks. Enjoy! =)