Not much preamble needed here – it’s spinach, artichokes, and gooey creamy goodness.
1 big package of fresh baby spinach (I honestly don’t remember the size – I want to say around 10oz, but it’s the big plastic box in the premade salads section. And hey, this recipe is pretty foolproof, so feel free to add more spinach if you want. I won’t tell. =)
1 14oz can artichoke hearts (can be marinated or plain, your choice), drained and chopped
1 pound cream cheese
16 oz sour cream
1 cup or so (use more, I won’t stop you) shredded parmesan cheese, with a small handful reserved for topping
good olive oil
optional: salt, pepper, oregano, dry mustard, nutmeg, red pepper flakes, cumin, smoked paprika, minced garlic, minced shallot
– Get a nice big saucepan hot on medium-ish heat, drizzle in a few tablespoons of oil and heat.
– Toss in all your spinach, saute until all wilted. (if it looks or smells a bit dry or nutty, drizzle in some more oil)
– if desired, add in minced garlic and shallots
– Toss in artichokes and heat through
– add dairy, stir until it’s all combined and melted together
– taste. add any optional flavorings you desire.
– spoon the whole gooey mess into an oven-safe dish, top with reserved parmesan, and bake in a 375 degree oven until the top is lovely and browned and the sides are bubbling a bit. This probably takes roughly half an hour, but I don’t pay nearly as much attention as I should
– Let cool slightly before serving with tortilla chips, pita chips, crostini, crusty bread, or veggie sticks.