I don’t think I need to say more than Oh. My. God. =)
4 oz unsalted butter
4 to 5 Tablespoons brown sugar
3 to 4 bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise (and cut in half, if desired)
99 Bananas liqueur
ice cream (classically it should be vanilla, we used chocolate ice cream laced with fudge swirls to fantastic effect!!)
– Get a decent nonstick skillet warm, melt butter
– add brown sugar, stir, heat and until it’s melted and slightly bubbly
– add bananas, cook for 30 sec to 1 min and flip over
– add a couple tablespoons of liqueur, let that bubble for about 10 seconds
– TAKE SKILLET OFF THE STOVE. Light the alcohol fumes. THEN you can put the skillet back on the heat.
– swirl the sauce around until the flames go out.
– put bananas in bowl, top with ice cream.
You can add cinnamon and/or nutmeg to the sugar as it cooks, but I like it so much just plain like this that I’d be hard-pressed to even want to try to improve it. =)