This is devilishly simple… and probably has like a billion calories. But, it’s quite rich so you don’t need to have a lot. That helps!
Chicken in cream sauce
– Brown chicken in skillet in a tablespoon of olive oil (4 boneless skinless breasts or 5 boneless skinless thighs)
– once both sides are browned, mix in 1 can condensed cream of asparagus soup (or any creamy soup, really), 1/2 to 3/4 cup of milk, salt, pepper, and whatever else spices you like.
– simmer nice and low for 5 to 10 min (i was busy mashing potatoes and steaming veg, i wasn’t paying attention)
Sour Cream Potatoes:
– skin 4 small potatoes and chop into about 1-inch pieces.
– plonk them into a pot with water, boil until soft.
– drain, mash. add sour cream until you reach desired consistency. salt and pepper to taste.
– trim asparagus. steam until done. toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
Plop a big spoonful or two of mashed potato onto dinner plate.
Rest chicken on one side of potato pile.
Lean some asparagus on the pile, where the potato and chicken meet.
Spoon up some of that delicious creamy soupy sauce and pour over. Ta-Dah!!!
It looks great. It’s retardedly simple. And it tastes DIVINE.
Of course, you might have to do some extra crunches to make up for it. But I consider it well worth it. =)